Sunday 20 March 2016

We are special because...

In Room One during this topic this term we have been learning about what makes us all special. We have also been learning about using similes to make our writing more interesting.

Similes compare two things that are similar using the words "like" or "as."

E.g. Room one kids are as cool as ice!

Room One have created some awesome art work and writing, using similes to describe why they are all so special....check them out below!

There were some awesome examples (sorry I can't list them all...)

"I am special because...I can grow tall like a beautiful tree." (Azdi)

"I am special because...my hair is as red as a plum." (Blake)

"I am special because...I am as loud as a red-butt monkey!" (Cassidy)

"I am special because...I am as awesome at art as Modigliani." (Te Mahuru)

and my favourite.....

"I am special because...I am handsome like Mr. Roberts!" (Lameko) 

Jayden and Lameko

Mykah and Azdiaahn

Motiki and Sendahrya

Kiarah and Taylah

Jahzel and Rechelle

Ezekiel and Damon Jr.

Jabeen and Merehana

Gissell and Adrian

Caleb and Skye

Te Mahuru and Blake

Alan and Lawson

Cassidy and Tuakeu

No comments:

Post a Comment